SmartTruckRoute Vehicle Tracking
The development team of the SmartTruckRoute app is pleased to offer a low cost, easy to use vehicle tracking targeted to small and mid-sized fleet owners. Tracking works in the background once the driver agrees to turn on the feature. Rest assured that data usage is very limited and will not significantly impact cell phone data usage. The feature is very easy to use and does not require the professional driver to install a separate application.
How it works:
1. Download and install SmartTruckRoute app onto the device you wish to track.
2. Purchase a vehicle tracking license. (Note that Vehicle tracking can be used with or without a routing subscription as the two subscriptions are independent).
3. Launch SmartTruckRoute on the device to be tracked.
4. Select Settings and turn on "Track Me". The app will begin to automatically start transmitting the position of the moving vehicle.
5. Fleet manager checks position of the vehicle by visiting www.smarttruckroute.com/track and logging into the system. The tracking display (of each subscribed vehicle) will be updated based on speed of travel and distance travelled.
To purchase a monitoring subscription:
1. Contact TeleType Company 786-445-0822 (call or text) for a quote.
2. Retain your receipt from the shopping cart which will contain a link with user name and password allowing you to login and monitor each subscribed vehicle.
Monitoring vehicles (central station):
1. Open your browser to www.smarttruckroute.com/track
2. Enter the user name and password that were sent to you once you confirmed your order for vehicle tracking
3. Click on "Add" on the upper left and enter name you want to give to your vehicle and number that driver will supply . The number from the driver will appear under option “activate tracking”.
4. Edit allows you to modify name of your vehicle and ID you track
5. Remove will allow you to remove vehicle from your list
6. Under settings you can change English system to Metric and or Metric to English
7. Settings allow you to modify your password.
8. Selected devices will show up in green, current position in red, and past position in blue
9. To get past positions fill the form on the bottom of the page and click "Load"
10. All times are displayed in UTC