SmartTruckRoute relies on the phone (or tablet) to provide an accurate GPS location. It is very important that you synchronize the time on your device with the local phone company. To improve and test position accuracy, see the following suggestions:
1. Be sure the GPS location is turned on and the TIME on your phone is set up for where you are currently located. (The accuracy should be within one minute). Make sure the time is set up by the cell provider automatically for the highest precision. Make sure your Location Services are set to be ON. If Location Services is already ON then toggle it OFF and then ON again. Using the Settings menu of the phone or tablet. select Location Services and make sure that “Stand Alone GPS” service is turned ON.
2. To obtain a faster position fix, go to the Android Settings, under Location and Mode select "High Accuracy".
3. Turn WIFI ON to to enable the initial position to be obtained faster.
4. If you are still not certain that it is your phone that does not provide an accurate position, we recommend that you download the following free app from Google Play:
This app will clearly allow you to verify the functionality of the GPS on your phone (or tablet).
5. Make sure the icon of GPS on the top of your phone's home page bar is not blinking. A blinking icon indicates that your position is not precise enough to navigate.
6. Under Settings, Location Services, Activate All options to assist GPS in finding your location.
7. Download this app: GPS Status & Toolbox
. This app will clearly allow you to verify the functionality of the GPS on your phone (or tablet). You need at least four satellites to be in view for an accurate position.
8. Position your phone close to the windshield of your vehicle for better reception. Please keep in mind that GPS devices operate in “Line of Sight” and that means there should be no obstruction between the back of your phone and the sky. With no obstructions you will see over 6 satellites, but buildings and bad weather might hinder GPS reception. GPS reception depends on the settings of the GPS installed on your phone. Please check the Location settings on your phone. If you're struggling to get your position fixed in a built-up area, try to move your phone closer to the windshield.
9. To improve the quality of GPS reception on some Samsung phones you can tighten the screws on the back inside frame under the back panel.
10. We recommend that it is best to keep your phone charging while navigating. GPS chipset works best when the phone or tablet is being powered.
11. If the number of satellites stays at "0",try toggling the GPS Location setting from ON to OFF and then back to ON.