SmartTruckRoute relies on the phone (or tablet) to provide an accurate GPS location. To improve and test accuracy, see the following suggestions:
1. Be sure the GPS location is turned on. If it is On then turn in Off and then turn it On again. Go to Smartphone Settings. Select Location Services and make sure Stand Alone GPS service is turned On.
2. If you are still not certain we recommend that you download the following free app from Google Play:
This app will clearly allow you to verify the functionality of the GPS on your phone (or tablet).
3. Make sure icon of GPS on the top bar is not blinking.
4. Under settings location services activate all option to assist gps in finding location
5. Download utility Gps Status & Toolbox
6. Position your phone close to the windshield of your vehicle for better reception
Getting a GPS fix requires signals from at least four satellites. With no obstructions you will see over 6 satellites, but buildings and bad weather might hinder GPS reception. GPS receptions depends on the settings of the GPS installed in your phone. Please check location settings on your phone. If you're struggling to get your position fixed in a built-up area, try to move your phone closer to the windshield.